Friday, December 26, 2014

First Quilling - Jhimki

I was just browsing through the net to do something creative. I happened to see some jhimkis and ear rings made of paper strips and that art is called as Quilling. Saw that it is done using a needle, but there was also a suggestion that, it could be done using long needle or tooth pick. Initially I tried with tooth pick but it did not give me that much comfort, so tried it with a long safety pin. And as per the instruction which I read, I was able to make a tight coil. But what next was my thought, so I checked the net how to make a jhumki out of that tight coil, it called for a mould, but I did not have one. Infact even those strips that I had at home, were bought to decorate some assignment work of my kids. When we bought those strips, I did not have even the slightest idea, that it could be used to make something wearable.

The immediatly available item was pencil and pen with rounded back, I used it to make a cone shape. Removed the pin, stud and rings from a old set and made this lovely set for my daughter. The first quilling is a jhimki.


No comments:

Post a Comment