Friday, January 2, 2015

3D Shivalingam first try of miniatures.

My very first try of Miniature, my all time favourite God Shivalingam. When I saw an image of the same in net, I wanted to try it and with the image in front of me, and with my own imagination, I tried making it using black strips. The strips I used were of 5 mm in size. I did not have any faintest idea as how it was made. Though I could have searched for tutorial, I did not want to and trusted fully on my own imagination and instincts.

I attached 2 sets of 12 strips for the base and Aavudaiyaar, and circled 3 10 mm strips for the Shiva lingam. As I didnot have any mould, I used my hand to make a jhumka like hollow in both the base and the Avudayar. Then placed the 3 circles one on top of other and stuck them together. I made a slight hollow on top circle before pasting it on top to give a curved effect.  Used 1 5 mm strip and made an elongated tear drop and attached it to the side.

I then placed the Shivalingam on the foam base and decorated the foam with yellow colour flowers. Used white and red acrylic colours to paint vibuthi and kumkumam.

No comments:

Post a Comment