Thursday, December 30, 2021

ocean theme paper weight

An artist should be creative- whats there in poring it in just moulds and making pieces, - even those who know that any art work is an art, comment it quite eaily. When I made the mermaid tail or fish tail however you call it, I didnot want to make it a pendant or keychain, I wanted to use it in something else.

So decided to create a table decor which will also double as a paper weight.

I carefully chose my layers, added a thin layer of sand mixed with resin, it was spread a bit uneven. Then afded a layer of stones and flat shells and poured blue alchohol ink. Added a drop of denim colour too to it. Let it settle and when it got dry added a few conch shells and clear resin. Just on it added a few drops of white ink and blew it using hot gun. This def gave sn effect and I realized it only after demolding the piece. Let this layer settle a bit

Once it was dry added some white stones and plunged the mermaid tail in. It was a bit hard to keep it inside the tesin but made sure it stood in. 

Once dry and demolded wow was the only word I could say. Ofcourse inspite of heating few airbubbles had formed. But see is full of bubbles.

One of the few things that never stopped me from watching again and is the sea. 



No comments:

Post a Comment