Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Quilled Jhumka in a different style

Ok now after making gift sets in quilling, I wanted to make something for my mom too. Though I was quite apprehensive that she might not wear it, still I made one as a matching set for the new saree that I gifted her.

Who said that Jhumkas or Jhimkis are to be made only in round or dome shape? Here is a trial of square shaped Jhumka. The surprising element was both the jhumkas turned out to be perfectly square shaped. Decorated it with pearls too as my mom loves pearls.

How to make the square shape?
              Once the tight coil is made, press the corners of the circle and make it a square shape and then use the Jhumka Mould to create the dome. Care need to be taken to ensure the corners not disturbed while making the dome. Once done ensure that the corners remain intact and glue the inside. Let it dry and glue the outside too.


No comments:

Post a Comment